Do you feel overhelmed with worries? You don't want to burden your loved ones with your thoughts and feelings? Your emotional pain is slowly burning a hole in your heart? Maybe it's time to talk to someone,who is impartial and focuses only on you.
find out how to overcome traumatic events or toxic relationships
“It’s not about getting the feeling out of the mind, or hiding it, but about experiencing it with acceptance.”
– Carl Rogers
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist registered full member with BACP.I completed my Level 5 Diploma at Reflect-On Academy.In my private practice I work from an integrative perspective drawing on a range of therapeutic understanding and interventions.I have worked in the NHS and currently I work in a Community setting (providing long term/low cost counselling)as well as work as a Counsellor in a Secondary School.
I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist. I offer long and short term counselling depending on your needs and difficulties. I work from an integrative perspective combining Person Centred therapy with Psychodynamic elements. I also offer short term Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for mild to moderate mental health difficulties such as anxiety and depression. My comprehensive and diverse training enable me to work with a wide range of difficulties and tailor therapy to your individual needs. My previous carrier was in teaching, which has given me insight into stresses and strains of working within schools. My further interest is working with clients involved in the educational sector especially focusing on work related stress. As a School Counsellor in a Secondary School I work with a wide range of difficulties such as anxiety, self-harm, bereavement, exam pressures, relationship issues, low self-esteem. I also work as Counsellor in a Community centre where I offer long term integrated therapy to work through issues such as chronic health problems, trauma, domestic abuse, eating disorders.
My therapeutic approach
My therapeutic approach
My approach to therapy is open,direct and non-judgmental with a compassionate a and nurturing attitude.Life can be difficult and painful sometimes as we may face bereavement ,illness,relationship breakdown, work dissatisfaction, dilemmas and confusion or other challenges we may encounter. Each one of us brings our own unique way of being in the world that is : how you see the world and yourself and how you think about your resources ) or lack of resources ) to cope with life challenges.
- you can e-mail me and I will aim to call you back within 1-3 days
- we can talk over the phone and I can answer any question you might have
- if you decide that you feel comfortable and want to move forward with me then we can arrange and assessment session
- the assessment session woul last upto 90 minutes (usual sessions are 50 minutes) This is a longer session so that we have time to talk about what you would like to get out of therapy and gives me an indication on what kind of therapy I would offer to you
- If you are happy to continue we’ll set up a second session and arrange to meet weekly
- Sometimes myself or a client may feel that another type of therapy may be more suitable to their particular problem in which case I would aim to refer you on to a suitable therapist
Face to face weekly sessions fee ranges between £45-£60 per session (50 minutes); the agreed fee depends on the kind of work we agree to do together (i.e. short or long term) as well as the time of the session (weekday rates are cheaper than weekend rates).
Zoom sessions are available.
I also offer concessions for people on low income (such as: students, unwaged, single parents, pensioners). Fee ranges between £30 and £40 per weekly session and are negotiated in the first appointment (subject to availability).